Compassion To Act exists to liberate and restore
victims of human trafficking and exploitation.
We are a faith-based ministry that serves victims through Awareness-Liberation-Restoration. CTA ministers to victims of labor and sex trafficking by: raising awareness in the community-at-large about modern day slavery; liberating victims through connecting them to the resources available within the Charlotte area, providing long-term shelter and a comprehensive care plan at Compassion Cottage; and helping them find restoration through mentoring, spiritual training, job training, and life skills training. We believe in Gods’ complete restorative power and it is our desire to see every victim of human trafficking set free and become all that God has created them to be.
CTA is committed to bringing awareness about the travesty of human trafficking to anyone who is willing to listen. There is power in knowledge and we believe that once people are made aware that human trafficking is happening in their own backyard, they will take a stand and join the fight to end it. Human trafficking can be stopped, but not without awareness.
We are available for speaking engagements at churches, private and public schools, community groups, businesses, homes or any where someone will listen!
CTA is also involved in spreading awareness through our Restaurants to the Rescue (R2R) program where we partner with area restaurants to raise awareness and support for Compassion Cottage, our long-term residential program for rescued victims (find out more at Restaurants2Rescue.com).
CTA’s goal is to help liberate all victims of human trafficking worldwide. While that might seem an unreachable goal, we know that if we help one person at a time, and that person helps another victim then we can use the ripple effect to our advantage and witness the end of slavery in our generation. There are 26 million slaves worldwide and 2 billion Christians – that’s 85 Christians per slave! CTA is moving ahead boldly believing that God is raising an army to join the fight and to liberate and set prisoners free; afterall, that’s why Jesus came in the first place.
Our hands-on approach to liberation happens in prayer, Club outreach, our safe house, and referrals to partnering organizations.
CTA believes that the foundation to all that we do starts with prayer. We are simply the hands and feet of God and therefore, can not fulfill God’s commission without dedicating time in prayer and worship as a ministry for each other and those we serve. We do this through an active intercessory prayer team, prayer walks around our city and prayer and fasting before and during our nights of ministry.
CTA’s ultimate goal is to see lives restored to all that God intended them to be. Compassion Cottage is a long-term residential care program for adult women. A resident’s road to restoration involves individual and/or group counseling, addictive issues care, mentoring, life-skill training, job placement, and spiritual development. While a resident is not required to profess Christian faith or attend church, we believe that the process to recovery and restoration is grounded in Christ’s redemptive love. God made us to glorify Him and enjoy all that He has for us and it is CTA’s goal to provide an environment conducive for residents to discover Christ’s unconditional love and the amazing plan He has for their lives.
Our Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that people of all faiths and no faith are precious to God and we are called to serve them without discrimination.